It’s That Wonderful Time of Year Again!
The Jets have 12 picks in the 2014 NFL draft! This reminds me of the old days when the draft was 12-17 rounds! I am so excited in this deep draft to have so many chances to fill some needed holes. It’s a rare opportunity to have this many quality players with such depth.
I read today that the Jets are hoping to trade up to get a top 10 WR and I’m really hoping it’s just a smokescreen. John Idzik has never let anything leak out ahead of time, and I have faith this won’t be the first time. The only reason to trade up to the top 10 would be to try and get Sammy Watkins, but I believe there are enough top flight WRs, TEs, and DBs to get an impact player at 18 and not lose any picks.
In the first round, I’m hoping for Offense:
- Odell Beckham Jr, (WR)
- Eric Ebron (TE) Marquise Lee, (WR)
- I like Brandin Cooks but he’s mostly a slot receiver and the Jets have Jeremy Kerley.
If they go for defense (all cornerbacks):
- Kyle Fuller of Va Tech is my first choice
- Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
- Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
There have been a million mock drafts, changing constantly. Instead of going round by round, I’m listing some players that I think fill the needs of the Jets.
Other Players I Really Like
- Troy Niklas Notre Dame
- Trace Amaro – Texas Tech
Wide Receivers:(not 1st round)
- Allen Robinson -Penn State
- Martavis Bryant -Clemson
Punt/KO/WR – (small and fast)
- Jalen Saunders – Oklahoms
- Dri Archer -Kent State
- Michael Campanaro -Wake Forest
- Gabe Jackson – Mississippi State
- Billy Turner – N Dakota State
- Philip Gaines – Rice
- Brock Vereen – Minnesota
- Ty Zimmerman – Kansas State
- Jeremiah Attachu -Ga Tech
- Demarcus Lawrence -Boise State
NOW some late picks worth picking!
- Conner Shaw – South Carolina
- Aaron Murray – Georgia
- Jordan Tripp -Montana
- Jordan Zumwalt -UCLA
- Arthur Lynch -Georgia
- AJ Highsmith – U Miami
Ready for a draft that can add speed to the offense, help on the offensive line, a PR/KR that is a threat to score, and help in the defensive backfield.
If the Jets can have the success of the 1977 and 2006 amazing drafts, this can be what Jets fans are praying for!